We Have Something Exciting to Declare.
In a marketplace increasingly focused on environmental considerations and issues around sustainability, Feltex are incredibly proud to have products officially certified Declare® LBC Red List Free.
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), and local affiliate the Living Future Institute of Australia (LFIA), are organisations committed to driving sustainable change in the Australian Built environment through the development of leading edge programs, and have developed leading edge programs designed to radically change our approach to building and construction.
Predicated on creating a healthier built environment, the Declare® program delivers clear, unambiguous information about building material specifications. Participating manufacturers are required to disclose a Product’s entire constituent chemical composition to a threshold of 100-parts-per-million; essentially creating a ‘nutrition’ label of ingredients.
A product transparency program
Each Declare® label is compared against a list of worst-inclass materials, better known as the Red List. Chemicals on the Red List are responsible for:
- Polluting the environment
- Bio-accumulation of contaminants progressing up the food chain
- Negative health implications for factory personnel, construction industry workers and building occupants
Aware of our role in developing products that homeowners can comfortably put in their homes, we worked with our entire supply chain to identify, source and utilise the healthiest possible manufacturing ingredients. When we were confident our product met the stringent sustainability and toxic free chemical standards, we applied for LFIA Declare® certification.
The Declare® initiative has three levels of potential certification:
- LBC Red List Free - Complete ingredient disclosure revealing ZERO Red List chemicals
- LBC Red List Approved - Where chemicals or product ingredients have no available public information, or a manufacturer is unable to publicly identify an ingredient due to proprietary registration. Products may potentially contain Red List chemicals, which, if identified, will be highlighted in orange
- Declared - This base level of transparency, while revealing a product’s ingredients, will nevertheless contain some Red List ingredients, which will also be highlighted in orange
This label addresses three key concerns:
- Where does a product originate?
- What is it made of?
- Where does it end up at the end of its life?
Each of our products are individually certified and the label can be downloaded from the product page and please contact us if you have any questions.