Cut pile carpet is made by threading the fibre through the carpet backing. The tops of the loops are cut leaving upright tufts of fibre. This creates a luxurious and uniform look.
Cut Pile Twist
Cut pile twist carpet is highly twisted, producing pile that lies in different directions. It has a luxurious feel and a smooth and random textured finish.
- Hardwearing and maintain their finish, so ideal for high foot trafficked areas
- Textured finish is less likely to show shading or tracking
Cut Pile Plush
Cut pile plush carpet features a short and slightly twisted pile with light reflecting strands that produce texture and depth. A beautiful, soft, dense texture that creates a more formal look and naturally features velvet-like shading.
- Can display tracking from footprints and vacuuming
- Sometimes called velvet or velour carpet
Loop pile is made by threading the fibre through the carpet backing and back through the front again to form a series of loops. It has a more textured look, hides footprints and is well suited to high traffic areas.
Level Loop Pile
Level loop pile carpet has all of the loops at a uniform length. It has a distinct texture with low and tight loops.
- Great choice for high traffic spots
- Do not show footprints
Multi-Level Loop Pile
Multi Level Loop uses loops of varying heights to create unique patterns and interesting textures. The loops ensure a hard-wearing carpet that works well in medium to high-traffic rooms
- This style is also known as High-Low Loop Pile, Textured Loop Pile or Patterned Textured Loop Pile.
- Can be used in a random or sequenced design to create textures or patterns