1. Choose the colour
First, choose your carpet colour, it can create the tone of a room. Here are some points to consider:
- Do you want the room to feel cosy or spacious? Warm or cool?
- Do you want the space to feel calm or active?
- Do you want the carpet to be a focal point or to blend into the background?
- Do you have children?
2. Choose the style
Choosing your carpet style is where carpet gets technical, but it doesn't have to be complicated. Here are some points to consider:
- What is the foot traffic in the room - light, medium or heavy?
- How do you want it to look - formal, luxurious or informal?
- How do you want it to feel - smooth, textured or shaggy?
3. Choose the fibre
Your carpet fibre determines the look, feel and longevity of your carpet. Here are some points to consider:
- How will you use the space?
- Who will be using the space?
- What is the foot traffic in the space?
- What is your budget?
4. Choose the star rating
Feltex Carpets have independent quality star ratings to help you select the right carpet for your needs. Think about the foot traffic you expect and select a carpet with a star rating to suit.
5. How much carpet do you need?
Measure the width and length of each room and put the details into our carpet calculator to determine how much carpet you need for the space.
7. Where to buy your carpet
Armed with your carpet colour, style, fibre, star rating and measurements it’s time to head to your local carpet retailer to purchase your new Feltex carpet.